Senior Environment Artist (Contract)
Mold3D Studio is looking for an Environment Artist to contribute to a VR project we are currently working on.. This is an opportunity to work with a very talented team to develop a VR environment for a high profile project.
- Collaborate closely with Creative Director to translate concept work into a fully realized 3D interactive environment.
- Create "game ready" assets. High and low poly, Normal Map and AO map generation.
- Create UV's for the assets you create.
Ability to create environments from both detailed concepts and a single photograph is required. A big plus is the ability to take and provide direction from concepts or rough direction to final model/texture.
At least 5 years' experience as an Environment Artist in the video game or VR industry.
An advanced understanding of in-game art asset creation
- Proficient in the use of Maya (or 3D modeling package), Photoshop, and ZBrush/Mudbox.
Understanding of in-game testing to test/optimize for frame rate while balancing aesthetic needs
Experience with set dressing within a game engine (Unreal, Unity, or proprietary)
An advanced understanding of in-game art asset creation including hardsurface props, soft rigid assets such as clothing items, vehicle, weapons, etc…
Excellent follow through and takes initiative to solve problems
An exceptional understanding of architecture as it applies to level design, light, and color
A thorough understanding of the level design process
Works closely with game design to ensure art enhances the player experience
Texturing in Substance Painter a plus.
SUBMISSIONS / PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS
- Current Resume
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Short term contract/freelance work.
- Work remotely from home.